Annually each board member is required to complete and sign electronically the acknowledgment and agreement to Board Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest and Disclosure form on this registration. All completed forms shall be provided to and reviewed by the SCFSC Executive Committee.
BOARD MEMBER CODE OF CONDUCT
Adoped from U.S. Figure Skating
Updated May 19, 2018
As a board member of the St. Cloud Figure Skating Club (SCFSC), I am fully committed and dedicated to the mission and have pledged to carry out this mission. I understand that my duties and responsibilities include the following:
1. SCFSC is committed to creating a safe and positive environment for members’ physical, emotional and social development and ensuring that it promotes an environment free of misconduct.
2. I will actively promote the club in a positive manner.
3. I understand my legal responsibilities for the club and those of my fellow board members. I am responsible for knowing and overseeing the implementation of policies and programs, including the SafeSport Program.
4. I accept the bylaws and operating principles and understand that I am responsible for the health and well-being of this club and adhering to the member code of conduct of U.S. Figure Skating.
5. I promise to be fiscally responsible for this organization. I will make myself aware and knowledgeable regarding our budget and finances and will take an active part in reviewing, approving, and monitoring the budget and fundraising to meet the goals of our club.
6. I will actively engage in fundraising for this organization. These may include individual solicitation, undertaking special events, and the like.
7. I promise to treat my fellow board members and other club members with respect. When conflict occurs, I will respectively disagree and work for a compromise that is in the best interest of the club.
8. I will disclose and avoid any Conflicts of Interest.
9. I will attend board meetings, be available for phone consultation, and serve on at least one club committee. If I am not able to meet my obligations as a board member, I will offer my resignation.
BOARD MEMBER CONFLICT OF INTEREST POLICY AND DISCLOSURE
The purpose of this policy is to help inform the Board about what constitutes a conflict of interest, assist the Board in identifying and disclosing actual and potential conflicts, and help ensure the avoidance of conflicts of interest where necessary. This policy will be enforced against individual Board members as described below.
1. Board members have a fiduciary duty to conduct themselves without conflict to the interests of SCFSC. In their capacity as Board members, they must subordinate personal, individual business, third-party, and other interests to the welfare and best interests of SCFSC.
2. A conflict of interest is a transaction or relationship which presents or may present a conflict between a Board member’s obligations to SCFSC and the Board member’s personal, business or other interests.
3. All conflicts of interest are not necessarily prohibited or harmful to SCFSC. However, full disclosure of all actual and potential conflicts, and a determination by the disinterested Board (or SCFSC Executive Committee) members – with the interested Board member(s) recused from participating in debates and voting on the matter – are required.
4. All actual and potential conflicts of interests shall be disclosed by Board members to the SCFSC Executive Committee through the annual disclosure form and/or whenever a conflict arises. The disinterested members of the SCFSC Executive Committee shall make a determination as to whether a conflict exists and what subsequent action is appropriate (if any). The SCFSC Executive Committee shall inform the Board of such determination and action. The Board shall retain the right to modify or reverse such determination and action, and shall retain the ultimate enforcement authority with respect to the interpretation and application of this policy.
Select an option to continue with the registration.